CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


Protectors of Our Country

You honored our country
By fighting for our freedom
You gave your time,
Blood, Sweat, Tears,
And lives
To keep ours.
When we were afraid
You gathered yourselves
And left for us.
You left your families, so unselfishly
While we embraced ours.
You left without knowing
If you would ever see
Your friends,
And family, ever again
When we asked
You came.
We thank you
And will forever be grateful

Written by Wendy Wirth 9/11/02


I found this picture and poem on the internet yesterday. It touched me. I am so sad,frustrated, and angry by the war and the administration. I just want these fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers HOME now. Until then, they remain in my thoughts and prayers.

0 comments: