CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations Mr. President











These words give me goose bumps, even as I hear them over and over today. We had the amazing opportunity to share this historic day with our students in class today, which means I was able to watch almost all of the days events. The emotional moments for me began when I saw Obama walk down the hallway towards the podium on the capital building. He looked so regal, distinguished, honorable, and ready to lead us. Other memorable moments for me were watching him take the oath of office and watching him get out of his limo to walk a ways on Pennsylvania Avenue towards the White House, smiling and waving with his wife. Today made me feel again like our country was about more than greed, money, and being the first to get ahead. It reminded me that we are all here to make this world a better place. And for the first time in a long time, it feels like it is possible.

0 comments: