CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Where have I been? I have been knee deep, burried alive, drowning, trying to come up for air in First Grade. ok, maybe that's a little dramatic, but school started 6 weeks ago and it is kicking my butt! Why? Let's see..could be a) I haven't been in the classroom for two years; b) things have changed drastically since I left the classroom; c) I am teaching curriculum that I have never taught before; d) I am now teaching 6 year olds, and a handful of 5 year olds that will turn 6 between now and December. That's right! I am teaching 5 year olds!!!! I think that this is best described with a situation a few weeks ago. One of my yet to be 6 year olds sneezed and then stood up, dropped is head and yelled "boogers" while a stream of snot hang from his nose and dangled onto the ground. Need I say more? It's going to be a long year.

However, it has been a very successful soccer season for Jaxon and so that is what we are focussed on at the moment. He has been a goal scoring machine! He has 2 more games and then we move onto the next sport that will take up most of our free time. I think it will be basketball, which will be new for all of us in the Culcasi home. Yes, my shrimpy boys are going to take on the hoop. We will see how it goes. But you have to love them for being interested and not noticing that they completely miss the height requirement necessary to make it big.

Let's see, what else is new? Umm, not much. Life is busy and full and I wouldn't change it a bit. Except, maybe a raise. That would be good. Go union!

0 comments: