CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Scrapbook Bowl

It's no surprise that I am not a football fan. In fact, until the game started, I had no idea who was playing in the Super Bowl. My dad has a party every year, and unless something happens (last year Mason had pink eye), the kids and I spend this sports holiday at my dad's house. About 4 or 5 years ago my stepsister and I decided that we should spend the day with our favorite hobby, and so we started bringing our scrapbook stuff over for the party. My dad would set us up in the living room, which was far enough away from the game, close enough to the food, and somewhat in the middle of where the kids end up playing if it's raining outside. This year, the Wii has taken over the living room and I was tucked nicely into the back bedroom. Can I tell you how heavenly this was!?!?! I had my own table, a TV with Dish Satelite, and I could hear but a rumble of the party and my kids. Not to mention, my dad would periodically bring me piping hot crab quesadillas! That, coupled with ice cold Coronas, and I was set! I mean who cares if the wee ones rot their brains with the Wii if I get an afternoon to scrapbook, right? I justify this with the fact that they are physically playing these games to the point that they sometimes break a sweat while playing! That can't be too bad, right! So, I'd have to say, that even though that poor team finally lost a game this season, I had a fabulous SuperBowl day.

One last thing...Jaxon made a very valid point on the way home tonight. He want's to know why the SuperBowl isn't on the 3-day weekend next weekend? C'mon...the kid makes a good point! He should run the world. He would certainly do a better job. Oops, did I say that?!?!?

3 comments:

Marissa Tompkins

does your dad do delivery??? ha! sounds like a great time!!

Anonymous

It's okay. I actually did watch the superbowl and was BORED... until the 4th quarter. Fun stuff

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by the author.